Muhith expands corporate tax benefits for garment makers
Release Date: June 28, 2017
The government has expanded corporate tax benefits for garment exporters, taking the rate further down to 12 percent from Finance Minister AMA Muhith's proposal for a reduced rate of 15 percent.
Muhith announced the new tax measure in parliament on Wednesday.
Garment makers had faced 20 percent corporate tax in the outgoing fiscal year.
For green factories, the corporate tax will now be 10 percent, down from 14 percent Muhith proposed in the new budget in parliament on Jun 1.
On the other hand, tax at source for the garment industry will rise to 1 percent from 0.7 percent now.
Source From: bdnews24.com
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018