Muhith expands corporate tax benefits for garment makers
Release Date: June 28, 2017
The government has expanded corporate tax benefits for garment exporters, taking the rate further down to 12 percent from Finance Minister AMA Muhith's proposal for a reduced rate of 15 percent.
Muhith announced the new tax measure in parliament on Wednesday.
Garment makers had faced 20 percent corporate tax in the outgoing fiscal year.
For green factories, the corporate tax will now be 10 percent, down from 14 percent Muhith proposed in the new budget in parliament on Jun 1.
On the other hand, tax at source for the garment industry will rise to 1 percent from 0.7 percent now.
Source From: bdnews24.com
- BGMEA signs pact for green production October 1, 2017
- Bangladesh garment exports shoot up 17% in July '17 August 12, 2017
- Bangladesh to dedicate SEZ to Japanese garment firms August 4, 2017
- Rising apparel exports to China a sign of new opportunities July 26, 2017
- Foreign direct investment rises in Bangladesh July 11, 2017