Exports off to a good start
Release Date: August 15, 2018
Exports started fiscal 2018-19 on a bright note, fetching $3.58 billion in July, which is 19.73 percent more than a year earlier.
July's receipts, which beat the strategic target of $3.35 billion set for the month, are an increase of 22.18 percent from a month earlier, according to data from the Export Promotion Bureau.
Of the sum, apparel alone brought $3.01 billion, up 21.72 percent year-on-year.
Bangladesh held on to its status as the second biggest apparel supplier in the world in 2017 and consolidated its position, according to data from the World Trade Organisation. Its share of global apparel market is 6.5 percent, up from 6.4 percent in 2016.
Source From: The Daily Star
- RMG exports record 21.72% growth in July August 14, 2018
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports August 12, 2018
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing August 8, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- Green factories can give garment exporters another edge: BKMEA August 3, 2018