Green factories can give garment exporters another edge: BKMEA
Release Date: August 3, 2018
Green industrialisation can play a vital role in garment exporters' competitiveness as the buyers are progressively being drawn to green factories for their commitment towards the environment, a recent study found.
“Retailers prefer to source from green factories, so proper branding is needed to attract buyers,” said the study on developing capacity building framework for green industry in Bangladesh's garment sector.
The foreign affairs and commerce ministries may help on that front by arranging awareness programmes in target markets.
Source From: The Daily Star
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing August 8, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- Bangladesh remains the second biggest apparel exporter August 2, 2018
- ‘Bangladesh’s apparel industry needs an urgent business transformation plan to remain relevant’ July 25, 2018
- BGMEA for Dhaka-Delhi cooperation in textile sector July 22, 2018