‘Bangladesh’s apparel industry needs an urgent business transformation plan to remain relevant’
Release Date: July 25, 2018
The apparel industry in Bangladesh needs to adopt efficient management practices to improve productivity and increase its global competitiveness, said experts at a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Summit on “Driving Transformation in Bangladesh’s Apparel Industry” on Wednesday in Chittagong.
At the event, experts said the sector today contributes to 12% of the country’s GDP and 83% of its exports. With growing demand from international markets, the growth opportunity for the industry is significant. Manufacturers are embracing newer machinery and production technologies to stay relevant. These changes, along with the capacity building of workers, have led to a shift towards the manufacturing of specialized garments in Bangladesh.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018