‘Bangladesh’s apparel industry needs an urgent business transformation plan to remain relevant’
Release Date: July 25, 2018
The apparel industry in Bangladesh needs to adopt efficient management practices to improve productivity and increase its global competitiveness, said experts at a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Summit on “Driving Transformation in Bangladesh’s Apparel Industry” on Wednesday in Chittagong.
At the event, experts said the sector today contributes to 12% of the country’s GDP and 83% of its exports. With growing demand from international markets, the growth opportunity for the industry is significant. Manufacturers are embracing newer machinery and production technologies to stay relevant. These changes, along with the capacity building of workers, have led to a shift towards the manufacturing of specialized garments in Bangladesh.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing August 8, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- Green factories can give garment exporters another edge: BKMEA August 3, 2018
- Bangladesh remains the second biggest apparel exporter August 2, 2018
- BGMEA for Dhaka-Delhi cooperation in textile sector July 22, 2018