Invest more in female garment workers
Release Date: July 9, 2018
The government and factory owners should spend more to upgrade workers' skills, stop workplace sexual harassment and provide more healthcare facilities to female workers for the garment sector to well and truly thrive, speakers said yesterday.
With the automation of the production system, the female workers are losing their jobs more than their male counterparts as they are less capable in operating modern machinery, said Khondaker Golam Moazzem, research director of the Centre for Policy Dialogue.
Source From: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018