Invest more in female garment workers
Release Date: July 9, 2018
The government and factory owners should spend more to upgrade workers' skills, stop workplace sexual harassment and provide more healthcare facilities to female workers for the garment sector to well and truly thrive, speakers said yesterday.
With the automation of the production system, the female workers are losing their jobs more than their male counterparts as they are less capable in operating modern machinery, said Khondaker Golam Moazzem, research director of the Centre for Policy Dialogue.
Source From: The Daily Star
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing August 8, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018
- Green factories can give garment exporters another edge: BKMEA August 3, 2018
- Bangladesh remains the second biggest apparel exporter August 2, 2018
- ‘Bangladesh’s apparel industry needs an urgent business transformation plan to remain relevant’ July 25, 2018