RMG exports saw 8.76% growth last fiscal year
Release Date: July 5, 2018
The apparel industry, employer of 40 million workers, mostly rural women, contributed 83.49% to Bangladesh’s total exports of $36.66 billion to date
Bangladesh’s export earnings from the apparel sector registered an 8.76% growth reaching $30.61 billion in FY18, thanks to safety improvements.
The apparel industry, employer of 40 million workers, mostly rural women, contributed 83.49% to Bangladesh’s total exports of $36.66 billion to date.
According to Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) data released on Wednesday, Bangladesh’s export earnings from the RMG sector stood at $30.61billion, posting 8.76% growth in the last fiscal year. The figure is 1.51% higher than the target of $30.16 million for FY18.
In FY17, Bangladesh’s export earnings registered a 0.2% growth to $28.15 billion, the lowest in the last one and a half decade.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
- Exports off to a good start August 15, 2018
- RMG exports record 21.72% growth in July August 14, 2018
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports August 12, 2018
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing August 8, 2018
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China August 7, 2018