Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth
News Type: Expo News
Per capita income rises to $1,751, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
Bangladesh has achieved the highest-ever 7.86% GDP growth in the 2017-18 fiscal year, widely surpassing the estimated growth of 7.65%.
The per capita income has increased to $1,751 in FY2017-18 from $1,610 in the previous fiscal year, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS).
The final figure of the country’s economic growth was placed at the meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) held in the council’s conference room on Tuesday, reported UNB.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who is also the chairperson of Ecnec, chaired the meeting.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said the GDP size increased to Tk22.5 trillion ($274.11 billion) in FY2017-18, rising from Tk19.76 trillion in FY2016-17.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
Related Link: Click Here
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony January 9, 2019
- Free Shuttle Bus Service January 8, 2019
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. January 7, 2019
- DTG 2019 Moves to ICCB With Record Exhibition Scale January 2, 2019
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. December 19, 2018