Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth
News Type: Expo News
Per capita income rises to $1,751, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
Bangladesh has achieved the highest-ever 7.86% GDP growth in the 2017-18 fiscal year, widely surpassing the estimated growth of 7.65%.
The per capita income has increased to $1,751 in FY2017-18 from $1,610 in the previous fiscal year, according to Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS).
The final figure of the country’s economic growth was placed at the meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) held in the council’s conference room on Tuesday, reported UNB.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, who is also the chairperson of Ecnec, chaired the meeting.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said the GDP size increased to Tk22.5 trillion ($274.11 billion) in FY2017-18, rising from Tk19.76 trillion in FY2016-17.
Source From: Dhaka Tribune
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony 2019-01-09
- Free Shuttle Bus Service 2019-01-08
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. 2019-01-07
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. 2018-12-19
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry 2018-09-17
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war 2018-09-16
- Apparel pushes up exports to US 2018-09-09
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals 2018-09-03
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey 2018-08-31
- RMG accessory makers, packagers gear up to grab global market 2018-08-27
- BGMEA: Near 100% of RMG factory owners have paid Eid bonuses 2018-08-20
- Tax cuts to cheer up apparel exporters 2018-08-19
- Exports off to a good start 2018-08-15
- RMG exports record 21.72% growth in July 2018-08-14
- Free-trade pacts hamper India's efforts to curb China textile imports 2018-08-12
- The next hot spot for apparel sourcing 2018-08-08
- India doubles import tax on textile products, may hit China 2018-08-07
- Green factories can give garment exporters another edge: BKMEA 2018-08-03
- Bangladesh remains the second biggest apparel exporter 2018-08-02
- ‘Bangladesh’s apparel industry needs an urgent business transformation plan to remain relevant’ 2018-07-25