Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war
News Type: Expo News
Bangladesh's garment sector is turning into a beneficiary of the US-China trade war as American retailers are placing more work orders, but other sectors, such as jute and leather goods, are yet to see an uptick in fortunes.
Though China is by far the world's biggest exporter of manufactured goods, some factory owners over the past decade began moving production to other developing countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia and Vietnam, said a recent report of The Financial Times.
This was in search of cheaper wages and a hedge against the political and economic risks that come from reliance on one country.
Source From: The Daily Star
Related Link: Click Here
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony January 9, 2019
- Free Shuttle Bus Service January 8, 2019
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. January 7, 2019
- DTG 2019 Moves to ICCB With Record Exhibition Scale January 2, 2019
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. December 19, 2018