Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war
Release Date: September 16, 2018
Bangladesh's garment sector is turning into a beneficiary of the US-China trade war as American retailers are placing more work orders, but other sectors, such as jute and leather goods, are yet to see an uptick in fortunes.
Though China is by far the world's biggest exporter of manufactured goods, some factory owners over the past decade began moving production to other developing countries such as Bangladesh, Cambodia and Vietnam, said a recent report of The Financial Times.
This was in search of cheaper wages and a hedge against the political and economic risks that come from reliance on one country.
Source From: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey August 31, 2018