Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry
Release Date: September 17, 2018
The ready-made garment (RMG) sector in Bangladesh has enjoyed rapid growth, with the country now well established as the world's second largest supplier of apparel and with the industry accounting for 83 percent of Bangladesh's exports, employing some 4.4 million people.
Foreign buyers have seen our booming RMG sector as the most important source for high volume, low price garments. But though Bangladesh's apparel manufacturers appreciate their customers' tough trading conditions, they themselves have suffered huge cost increases—in raw materials, gas, electricity and water supply, minimum wages for the workers, and the costs incurred with upgrading factories to make them safer.
Source From: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey August 31, 2018