Apparel pushes up exports to US
Release Date: September 9, 2018
The overall value of Bangladesh's exports to the US increased 5.83 percent year-on-year to $3.63 billion in the first seven months this year propelled by higher apparel shipments, US Census Bureau data shows.
Export of apparel items grew 5.61 percent to $3.21 billion while Bangladesh moved to the third position from sixth with respect to garment export to the US, according to data from the US Office of Textile and Apparel (OTEXA).
Of Bangladesh's total export value, garment items account for over 90 percent.
Source From: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018
- Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey August 31, 2018