Garment factories still rely on foreign experts: CPD survey
Release Date: August 31, 2018
Around 13 percent of the country's garment factories have employed foreign experts in the top posts who remit over $5 billion from Bangladesh every year, a new study found.
Among the large factories, the percentage is even bigger -- 47 percent, according to the CPD RMG Study 2016, a two-year-long survey conducted by the Centre for Policy Dialogue.
Statistics from different sources over the last few years also support the findings of the local think-tank.
Source From: The Daily Star
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018