RMG accessory makers, packagers gear up to grab global market
Release Date: August 27, 2018
Apparel accessory makers and packagers are providing one of the most important backward linkages to the country’s golden goose—the readymade garments (RMG) sector—with direct exports of accessory items increasing by 10 to 15 per cent to nearly USD 1 billion in the last financial year.
Abdul Kader Khan, president of the Bangladesh Garments Accessories and Packaging Manufacturers' and Exporters' Association (BGAPMEA), told The Independent that China used to be the biggest source of accessory items, but it has shut down many of its accessory factories on account of environmental issues.
“Secondly, China has started shifting to high-tech industries. The opportunity is beckoning us,” he explained.
Source From: theindependent
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018