BGMEA: Near 100% of RMG factory owners have paid Eid bonuses
Release Date: August 20, 2018
On August 9, State Minister for Labour and Employment Mujibul Haq Chunnu asked all factory owners in the RMG sector to pay the Eid festival bonuses to workers by August 16
Almost every Readymade Garment (RMG) factory owner has fallen in line with a government directive and paid staff bonuses for Eid-ul-Azha, the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) said yesterday.
“As far as we know, nearly 100% of RMG factory owners have paid festive bonuses for the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha,” BGMEA First Vice President Moinuddin Ahmed said at a press conference at the association’s headquarters in Karwan Bazar, Dhaka.
Source From: DhakaTribune
- Bangladesh hits record 7.86% GDP growth September 18, 2018
- Sustainable pricing is crucial for our apparel industry September 17, 2018
- Apparel benefitting from US-China trade war September 16, 2018
- Apparel pushes up exports to US September 9, 2018
- Factory owners and workers told to rethink RMG wage proposals September 3, 2018