Foreign direct investment rises in Bangladesh
News Type: Expo News
Bangladesh received $2.65 billion in gross inflows of FDI between July 2016 and May 2017, whereas the amount was $2.33 billion in the same period of the previous year.
The net inflow of FDI jumped 27.75 percent to $1.62 billion in the July-May period, according to data released by Bangladesh Bank on its website. Portfolio investment in the stockmarket jumped about six times to $324 million.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith has mentioned “political stability” as a factor behind the growth.
In his closing speech on budget in parliament on Jun 28, while discussing FDI, he said: “A stable political situation has created a positive impact.”
Trade deficit widened to $9.2 billion in the 11 months to May from $6.45 billion a year ago.
Bangladesh has imported goods worth $40.25 billion between July 2016 and May 2017, which is about 11 percent higher than in the same period of fiscal 2015-16.
On the other hand, exports rose 3.8 percent year-on-year to $31.05 billion in the July-May period.
Source From: bdnews24.com
- DTG 2019 Opening Ceremony January 9, 2019
- Free Shuttle Bus Service January 8, 2019
- DTG Press Conference has been hold at BTMA this morning. January 7, 2019
- DTG 2019 Moves to ICCB With Record Exhibition Scale January 2, 2019
- Largest Ever DTG Exhibition to Open at New Venue ICCB. December 19, 2018